Latch is seeking a Senior Functional Firmware Test Engineer, to work with the Firmware, Test Engineering & Support Engineering team.
You will work within highly cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware, mobile, backend and hardware engineers. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family through more advanced electronics.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Assist in the design and evolution of the company’s QA platform
- Work closely with Firmware developers and Software developers as they implement features to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Conduct a process to determine product quality and release readiness
- Work closely with product and QA engineers to create and drive a roadmap for the QA and applications team
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies including Smartphone LTE architectures, wireless IoT- BLE/Internet connected devices and touch screen displays
- Create test plans and test strategies against embedded systems and products
- Create internal and external test reports for test efforts and test releases
- Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team
- Ability to travel and work in 1-week increments periodically in the NYC office as needed
- BA/BS degree in EE or CS or equivalent experience
- Previously worked in direct collaboration with UX, Product, Program, Development and external QA teams
- Experience with testing against whole products and/or product’s major features
- Experience with identifying and communicating risk & risk mitigation strategies
- Ability to create test efforts via all major types of tests (functional, regression, performance, integration, stress, etc.) as well as test support for alpha, beta and production testing
- Experience with creating and executing black, grey and white box testing
- Knowledgable in firmware, software, systems and integration testing
- Experience with RTOS and Linux on embedded platforms
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Ability to test different Wireless and Bluetooth technologies
- Experience with database data extraction
- Extensive experience with bug/issues tracking tools such as JIRA, etc.
- Experience debugging hardware and firmware
- Familiarity with automation testing
- Knowledge of low-powered systems
- Experience with audio/video data testing
- Familiarity with low-level debug tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters)
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.