Senior Incident Response Investigator
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Incident Response Investigator
This role will be responsible for performing computer security incident response team and investigative activities including: responding to computer security incidents, gathering forensic evidence, analyzing events based on digital artifacts, determining mitigation/remediation/security improvement opportunities, and working with stakeholders to communicate findings. This individual(s) will support other investigative duties as assigned. The team works closely with other members of Gemini security team including security operations, security engineering, and other enterprise teams.
- Execute timely, thorough, and effective incident handling/investigations through collaboration and innovation
- Utilize security monitoring technologies to analyze security events
- Provide mitigation services for identified threats and security incidents
- Maintain evidence integrity during digital forensic acquisitions and analysis
- Complete thorough documentation for incident investigations including root cause analysis, relevant forensic artifacts, and technical and procedural lessons learned
- Identify innovative opportunities for data forensics and incident response (DFIR) tools and processes which enable rapid analysis and response to security incidents at enterprise scale
- Deliver presentations and executive briefings regarding relevant security incidents and findings to senior management
- Create and maintain documentation for DFIR including technical procedures, detailed diagrams, pertinent metrics, and report templates
- Promote a risk-aware culture, and ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required industry standards and processes
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to DFIR teammates, members of operations, and other internal teams
- Contribute thought leadership and technical solutions back into the investigative and DFIR community at a local and global level
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years performing investigations and forensics in a MacOS/Linux environment
- Proficiency with major investigative tools and techniques, including disk, memory, network forensics, and malware reverse engineering
- Strong multi-disciplinary background in information technologies such as: enterprise web applications, operating systems, computer programming, networking, and system administration
- Proficiency in MacOS and Linux disk and memory acquisition
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Familiarity in electronic discovery practices and previous legal work a plus
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.