Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Grubhub
Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
This role will act as a part of the Infrastructure Engineering Team and focus on the network and security of our cloud environments, ensuring that we maintain high network and security standards throughout our technical infrastructure, applications, and processes.
We are a team of smart, motivated engineers that place a high value on craftsmanship and the security and scalability of our infrastructure. As we grow and take on the exciting challenges of scaling our services to support greater volume and more clients, we're looking for a talented engineer to help us maintain a high standard of security across our platform.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and document network security infrastructures and related systems.
- Drive network architectural decisions.
- Facilitate any network or operational modifications needed as a result of security audits or vulnerability reports.
- Manage site-to-site VPNs hosted within AWS.
- Assess network and security infrastructure architecture and document findings and recommendations based on industry best practices.
- Automate internal processes in order ensure adherence to security policy.
- Proactively recommend practical network and operational security improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging security threats, attack trends, technologies, and industry developments.
- Evangelize for security and best network practices within the organization.
- Mentor Junior staff.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3-5+ years in a technical role as a DevOps, Network Engineer, SRE, Infrastructure Engineer or similar
- 3+ years experience in managing cloud networks (AWS preferred, but GCP, Azure, Oracle, etc. are cool too). This includes managing security groups, VPCs, ingress/egress controls.
- Experience with infrastructure as a code
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience writing automation code in Python, GO, bash or a similar language
- Experience supporting high volume production systems
- Linux system internals knowledge, networking fundamentals
- Exposure to common security engineering tools (DDoS and Bot Protection, WAF, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Scanners)
- Experience working with CDNs (Fastly, Akamai, Cloudflare, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in system automation on Linux and/or Windows (BASH and/or Powershell)
- Working knowledge of host and network security
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]