Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Clear Street's engineering teams; delivering an exceptional engineering experience and fault-tolerant foundation. You will work across the entire stack, ensuring internally critical and externally visible systems have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs, and a fast rate of improvement. You will have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale for a first-of-its-kind financial platform.
Infrastructure Engineer Characteristics:
- 5+ years of experience with one or more object-oriented programming language like Go, Python, Java etc
- You have 3+ years working with cloud technology and tooling (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux).
- You engineer for engineers; you continuously challenge the definition of exceptional engineering experiences and velocity. You are motivated to enable 10xers.
- You are able to write high quality code and enjoy expanding your programming language repertoire.
- You are an agent of productivity and engineering performance, seeking to continuously optimize existing systems and eliminate work through automation.
- You think about systems—their edge cases, complexities, and ability to scale resiliently.
- You are dedicated to understanding the origins of system instability and enjoy using data to identify trends in system performance and designing predictive solutions to recurrent issues.
- You are comfortable debugging across the stack and instinctually reflect on your solution's impact on the system as a whole.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and build out the core infrastructure to help engineers drive scalability.
Infrastructure Engineering Stack: Go, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Postgres, Kafka
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks