Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join the growing product and engineering team in our venture-funded business focused on making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 years in an infrastructure role. This candidate will be the first dedicated member of the team and have a critical role in creating and implementing the automation around our infrastructure.
In this role you will:
- Review, establish, and educate on best practices around building, deploying and managing cloud infrastructure and services.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, security, legal, tech leadership, and others to ensure our infrastructure is meeting the needs of the organization.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, 5+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem, with strong knowledge in at least one area relevant for building a production infrastructure in their cloud.
- Experience applying automation to the cloud infrastructure using modern infrastructure tooling: infrastructure as code, configuration management, CI pipelines, package managers
- Strong knowledge of Linux system architecture as well as a firm grasp of the linux CLI and shell scripting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem