Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
As a Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer at Ro, you will lead the effort of designing and deploying platform security and privacy mechanisms. You will achieve this by first, working closely with the Product, Legal, Engineering, IT, and Care teams. You will also configure and operate security tooling that enables Ro’s security, privacy, and compliance strategy.
Additionally, the opportunity at Ro as a Security Engineer is full spectrum. Your professional development is “choose your own adventure” and genuinely supported.
At Ro, you will help people become a healthier version of themselves, turn physicians into better healthcare professionals, and power our increasingly complex operations and fulfillment logistics.
*This role has the ability to sit out of our NYC office once safe to do so or 100% remote*
What You’ll Bring:
• 5+ years experience operating a cloud-forward networking environment. Understands hyper-segmentation, flow-based security and packet fundamentals (AWS, EKS, PAN, XSOAR)
• Deep network security knowledge and experience
• Advanced analytical techniques for security and privacy systems design and evaluation
• Growth mindset and an innate passion for learning & mentoring
• Advanced communication practices (written, verbal, presentation)
What You’ll Do:
• Design, implement and secure the critical pathways between our physical and cloud environments.
• Guide our SASE/Zero-Trust journey working with market-leading networking technologies
• Automate security mechanisms that further establishes a secure by default approach
• Operate cross-functionally with business units and stakeholders to deeply understand and execute the job to be done.
• Security architecture reviews and threat modeling
Bonus Points for:
• Startup experience
• Security certifications in good standing: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP, etc.
• Prior experience with AWS and cloud-native technologies
• Experience in regulated industries such as Healthcare, FinTech, or Defense (e.g. HITRUST, SOC, HIPAA)
Benefits + Perks:
• Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
• Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible PTO
• Fitness reimbursement
• Paid maternity/parental leave
• A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee + team
• The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.