We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with API or integrations experience to join our remote-first team. This is an opportunity for an empathetic engineer with strong communication skills to join us in improving health outcomes for a large and diverse patient population. We're excited about meeting candidates of all backgrounds who value efficient, maintainable, tested and pragmatic code, processes and tools.About Us
At Healthify, we're rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to promoting a thoughtful and safe work environment. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to get in touch!
About the Role:
The Senior Integrations Engineer will:
- Provide technical leadership to our Integrations team
- Plan and build RESTful APIs and integrations with EHRs, HIEs, and Case Management Systems
- Help us define a long-term integration strategy across disparate systems
- Bring an integrations perspective to product and user workflow challenges
- Continuously ship well-tested code
- Perform peer code reviews and QA
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers
- Participate in iteration planning meetings, retros and interviews
- 6+ years of professional web development
- Experience working on large web application projects
- Experience with Ruby/Rails or other similar web frameworks
- Experience with RESTful APIs and enterprise integrations
- Passionate about building scalable and lasting solutions to integrating systems in the enterprise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be based in the US
...And the following would be nice
- Experience working in healthcare or social impact-oriented organizations
- Experience as a team lead
- Experience building healthcare integrations
- Experience teaching and mentoring fellow developers
BenefitsTogether, we live into our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe in kindness, empathy, assuming good intentions
- We lean into vulnerability: We're not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback.
- We rise above the status quo: We learn and improve so that we can develop excellent products for the people and communities we serve
- We match grit with wit: We love a challenge and a chance to get creative and solve interesting problems
..and to further support them, we offer:
- Medical insurance, with access to an FSA and/or HSA
- Dental & Vision
- $2500 annual continuous learning budget
- 401k with up to 4% match
- A commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Code of conduct with reporting procedures
Healthify provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.