Senior iOS Developer
Senior iOS Developer
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
We’re looking for a seasoned iOS developer to join our mobile team. You’ll be a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of hard and intriguing challenges. You will focusing on our app for iOS devices, but also on helping our other teams design the API and services that power the app. You will ensure that TransferWise has the best mobile experience and together we will show the banks how mobile financial services are really done!
Our app is currently written in a mix of Objective-C and Swift, with all new code written in Swift and moving away from the traditional MVC architecture to a more clean architecture which will enable us to increase the testability of our code and help us maintain the excellent stability that our app enjoys.
- Full-stack iOS development including Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, Core Data, Xcode, Interface Builder, Instruments etc.
- Deep understanding of both MVC and alternative architectural UI design patterns
- Experience of test driven development (TDD), and the desire to write tests.
- Experience building rich and complex iOS apps that delight users
- A strong understanding of how to design and interact with RESTful APIs
- Passionate about technology, product and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- You put the customer at the heart of everything you do and that empathy drives every decision you make.
- Familiarity with Android development and MVP design patterns
- Java and Spring Boot and back-end MVC Frameworks
- Experience developing backend APIs
- Experience working with SQL, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Automation tools such as Jenkins and Fastlane