Senior iOS Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Making significant contributions to feature development on our existing applications
- Keeping up-to-date with latest trends in the iOS ecosystem
- Be a core contributor to the maintenance and improvement of our existing systems
- As a senior member of the engineering team, you will also be a teacher and a leader, providing guidance, education, and support to the rest of the team on all things mobile!
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 years of large-scale iOS experience in a team environment
- A strong understanding of complex native mobile applications to help set the direction for iOS as we scale
- Willingness to learn some Android when needed (we have a cross-platform mobile team)
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- Experience working with Android a plus
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
This position is either remote or at our New York City headquarters.