Senior iOS Engineer
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
About the Job:
iOS Engineers at Rent the Runway have a passion for the mobile/tablet space that goes beyond just engineering. We try out all the new apps, check out the latest changes from Apple to stay on the bleeding edge, and are always striving to make our apps the best in the app store. The app landscape is constantly shifting and our team is always looking to move with it.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Work with business stakeholders to define our mobile roadmap as we explore new devices, operating systems, and screen sizes
- Design scalable solutions for a mobile-concurrent environment
- Improve app architecture
- Assist with code reviews & writing tests
- Work collaboratively with UI/UX and Product stakeholders that are experts in responsive design and user experience for mobile devices and tablets
- Strong understanding of OO programming, Swift and Objective-C, and computer science fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience in iOS development, with a concentration on native application development
- Ideally have at least one iOS App published in the App Store (a commercial App is a plus)
- Experience with 3rd party frameworks such as AFNetworking, Cocoapods and CI tools
- Experience of unit testing, automated testing and debugging of mobile apps
- Familiarity with fundamental mobile technologies and device capabilities
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Effective time-management skills, including schedule estimation and the ability to manage several competing priorities
- E-commerce experience is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.