Senior iOS Engineer at Stocktwits
StockTwits is the largest social network of investors and traders. Our users create real-time streams of insights, ideas and information that are used by investors, analysts, media and others as they research stocks and manage their investments.
2M+ investors, market professionals and public companies consume and share information and ideas about the markets and stocks using StockTwits. The content is viewed by an audience of over 40 million across the financial web.
As a member of the StockTwits iOS team, you will be a major contributor to a new greenfield project. You will be responsible for delivering clean, reusable code and creating intuitive, fluid user experiences. You will work closely with our team to develop excellent engineering practices and code standards that will help scale our iOS development processes as we grow.Key Responsibilities
- Support members of the team in delivering a new groundbreaking iOS application
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the company
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- At least 3 years of professional iOS experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience with Swift.
- Experience developing and maintaining a large-scale multi-client production application
- At least 1 published app on the App Store that you have contributed significantly to
- A deep understanding of core iOS domains: UIKit, User Notifications, Core Animation, Core Location, Data Persistence, GCD, etc.
- A firm grasp of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines, and a good idea of what constitutes great user experiences.
- Familiarity with the iOS application life cycle
- A deep understanding of popular design patterns and clean app architecture.
- Experience with iOS build management, provisioning, and deployment
- Experience with Source control systems (We use Git)
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering, or related field
Here's the good stuff about us…
- We are a small, close team. We often have company outings and team events.
- You'll make an impact. StockTwits is not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
- We've got a big presence, but a small team.
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Plan
- Weekly Team Lunches + fully stocked snackbar
- Flexible Work Environment & Unlimited PTO
- Pre-tax commuter benefits