Senior iOS Engineer at Blink Health
Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
You're passionate about building native iOS apps that leverage the latest mobile features and technologies. You're focused on optimizing running code to provide a superior mobile experience with as small of an application footprint as possible. You know the do’s and don’ts of mobile development and value a great user experience as much as you value writing efficient code.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products and features successfully with the right skills, mentorship and organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor and develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration and product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects and people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- Want to work in a highly collaborative environment: we believe a team can be stronger than its individual parts
- Have 4+ years experience in iOS development
- Are an expert in Swift and fluent in Objective-C
- Are an expert in client / server communication principles
- Have experience shipping intuitive and beautiful UI/UX experiences in conformance to Apple’s Human Interface Guideline.
- Have a solid understanding of CS fundamentals and clean software design principles
- Have experience laying out UI with programmatic autolayout
- Have experience writing units tests
- Have a solid understanding of safe, performant multithreaded programming
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience using any reactive programming frameworks in a production environment (RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift)
- Have experience with MVVM architecture and/or the coordinator pattern
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS