Noom Inc. is a leader in mobile health coaching. We combine the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change. Our direct-to-consumer mobile applications have reached more than 45 million users worldwide-- and counting. We’ve leveraged our behavior change platform to incorporate the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), and have expanded to programs for diabetes management, pre-hypertension, and hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical problems that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Making significant contributions to feature development on our existing applications
- Keeping up-to-date with latest trends in the iOS ecosystem
- Be a core contributor to the maintenance and improvement of our existing systems
- As a senior member of the engineering team, you will also be a teacher and a leader, providing guidance, education, and support to the rest of the team on all things mobile!
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 years of large-scale iOS experience in a team environment
- A strong understanding of complex native mobile applications to help set the direction for iOS as we scale
- Willingness to learn some Android when needed (we have a cross-platform mobile team)
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- Experience working with Android a plus
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll be a part of Noom's rocketship-- revenue has grown 20x in the last 2 years and our team is growing fast.
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, and onsite yoga
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting your professional and personal growth: we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll add to our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit culture
This position is either remote or at our New York City headquarters.