Senior iOS Engineer at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Our Membership team sits within our Consumer Engineering team. We are smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
At Rent the Runway, you’ll be working alongside several product teams to help design, build, and maintain features for our iOS application that is used daily by our passionate members. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, architecture & evangelize best practices in mobile. We believe that every person deserves a “Cinderella” experience, whether they are a first time user or monthly subscriber. Many of our millions of members have used Rent the Runway for the most important events in their lives, and in the process, we are changing the meaning of ownership and revolutionizing retail.
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain features in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Participate in technical discussions on building product features
- Be an advocate of the iOS platform and promote and employ software development best practices
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Drive continuous improvement for the release process
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You have extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- You have a hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience building iOS applications using Objective-C & Swift
- You have a strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices
- You have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
- You have a solid understanding & previous experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- You’re able to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical obstacles and solutions
- You’re able to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.