Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to design, build and support our internal systems, applications, and services, and help us scale Okta identity and access management. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of systems architecture, cloud-hosted services, authentication/access systems and security to solve challenges big and small. You are an excellent communicator with a passion for technology, mentoring others and delivering world-class services.
This is an integral role that will help organize and mature our IT tech stack and approach related to Identity and Access Management, account life-cycle management, integration services, and enterprise applications. This role will help execute on the team’s roadmap, fulfill strategic initiatives and operational improvements, deliver an outstanding experience for our employees, and support the growth and development of the IT platforms.
What You’ll Do Here
- Act as primary administrator for Okta and partner with IT and other teams to implement and maintain integrations with other platforms / tools (Workday, Salesforce, etc.)
- Implement best practices to help scale our account life-cycle management. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive systems and IAM architecture, strategy and direction, and to improve the quality, reliability, scalability, and supportability of existing infrastructure.
- Extend tooling to enable self-service for our users and support our operations team with the day to day requests
- Develop and maintain documentation on our environment and enable usage and support across IT
- Provide support for application systems as an escalation path from IT Support team
- Lead technical requirements gathering, technical gap analysis, and solution design
- Collaborate with business partners in designing, implementing and integrating business applications
- Draft and propose new designs and defend them to leadership
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- Proven success designing, administering, configuring, automating, securing, monitoring, and supporting Okta, and experience integrating one or more large SaaS / Cloud integrations (Workday, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Understanding of security and compliance methodologies and practices, including experience with security incident response processes and tools
- Experience building with workflow automation software (ie. Workato, Tray.io, Okta Workflows)
- Experience integrating enterprise business systems (Workday, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with middleware / data integration platforms (Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.)
- Experience in directly engaging with the business teams to understand their requirements
- A strong desire to automate everything and an ambassador for scalable and sustainable solutions
- A highly collaborative and customer support focused mentality
- In-depth experience with any of the following systems: Meraki, Datadog, Splunk, Google Workspace Administration
- Familiarity with sprint based project methodologies and/or formal project management experience
- Experience with cloud implementations (PaaS, IaaS) AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Active Directory implementation and management experience
- Okta Certified Administrator
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.