Senior IT Systems Engineer at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 700 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to design, build and support our internal systems, applications, and services, and help us scale Okta identity and access management. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of systems architecture, cloud-hosted services, authentication/access systems and security to solve challenges big and small. You are an excellent communicator with a passion for technology, mentoring others and delivering world-class services.
This is an integral role that will help organize and mature our IT tech stack and approach related to Identity and Access Management, account life-cycle management, integration services, and enterprise applications. This role will help execute on the team’s roadmap, fulfill strategic initiatives and operational improvements, deliver an outstanding experience for our employees, and support the growth and development of the IT platforms.
What You’ll Do Here
- Act as solutions architect for IT systems and partner with IT Support and other teams to implement and maintain integrations with other platforms and tools
- Lead technical requirements gathering, technical gap analysis, and solution design
- Help with best practices to scale our account life-cycle management. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive systems and Identity and Access Management architecture, strategy and direction, and to improve the quality, reliability, scalability, and supportability of existing infrastructure
- Extend tooling and solutions to enable self-service for our users and support our operations team with the day to day requests
- Develop and maintain documentation on our environment and enable usage and support across IT
- Collaborate with business partners in designing, implementing and architecting business solutions to our business problems
- Play an active role mentoring other engineers
- Draft and propose new designs and defend them to leadership
- Work with the following technologies: Python3, AWS, Tray.io, Jamf, InTune,
- Work with the following APIs: Okta, DocuSign, Google Workspace, Slack
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Experience writing scripts that integrate with systems, leverage APIs, and automate bulk tasks
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of identity and access management systems, services and protocols (SAML, SCIM, LDAP, OAuth2.0/OIDC, AD)
- Understanding of security and compliance methodologies and practices, including experience with security incident response processes and tools
- Experience integrating tools/solutions/scripts with enterprise business systems (eg. Workday, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with middleware / data integration platforms (Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.)
- Experience in directly engaging with the business teams to understand their requirements
- A strong desire to automate everything and an ambassador for scalable and sustainable solutions
- A highly collaborative and customer support focused mentality
- A results-oriented attitude with attention to detail: we expect engineers to own projects from planning to production deployment (and production operations!)
- Low ego with appetite for feedback: we value humility and sharing + receiving feedback for growth and continuous improvement
- Business empathy & clear communication: we work with product, design & business stakeholders collaboratively from early in the design process. We look for engineers to frame technical problems in the context of business value and be able to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Prioritization & value orientation: we operate with agile principles and balance long-term planning with re-evaluating priorities based on new data and assumptions
- Problem solving & ownership: we look for a willingness to take on problems in a growing organization where there's not yet a defined solution
- In-depth experience with any big data logging and analytics platforms
- Familiarity with sprint based project methodologies and/or formal project management experience
- Experience with cloud implementations (PaaS, IaaS) AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Okta Certified Administrator
#LI-JH1 #LI-AW1 #LI-SM1
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.