Imagen enables Primary Care providers to become technology-enabled multispecialty practices, powering a successful transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. Imagen’s comprehensive platform includes in-office diagnostic testing, diagnostic interpretations powered by proprietary FDA-cleared machine learning software, and virtual specialist consults. Imagen’s platform empowers Primary Care providers to achieve healthcare’s quadruple aim of increasing quality, lowering costs, and improving the patient and provider experience.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
We're looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to drive the research and development of our AI products. You will join a team of smart, passionate, and pragmatic engineers, scientists, and physicians. Our ideal teammate is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment.
- Own the R&D of large AI projects for medical imaging end-to-end, from dataset design and rapid prototyping to clinical testing and real-world deployment.
- Lead technical projects and mentor junior engineers. Ideally, you'll be able to step into a management role within 12 months of joining.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to build a vision for the future of Imagen's technology. You will contribute key insights on the applicability and feasibility of AI solutions for a variety of problems across the healthcare system.
- Assist in translating your R&D into validated software medical devices cleared by the FDA
- Prioritize safety, efficacy, and time-to-impact. We're looking for a pragmatist, someone who knows when novel solutions are needed and when existing methods suffice.
- Mission driven and passionate about improving healthcare outcomes.
- Significant experience in real-world applications of deep learning. You can rapidly prototype and evaluate end-to-end deep learning solutions. You don't need to be an expert in healthcare, but it's important to have an understanding of the nuances and tradeoffs involved in bringing AI into high-impact settings.
- Strong communication skills. You will be working with an interdisciplinary team and presenting to external parties, so our ideal candidate is able to distill and articulate complex technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field and 3+ years of industry experience.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.