Senior Manager, Quality Infrastructure at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for our new Quality Infrastructure team. The Quality Infrastructure team will spearhead efforts to improve the speed of developing new features while maintaining or improving quality that Braze delivers to production, via process and tooling improvements -- including avoiding performance regressions and proactively catching bugs.
You will be the founding member of the team, helping to build it out and flesh out details of the vision based on your experience and preferences. This team will have org-wide impact from day one and will need to be able to juggle org-wide project management, the individual team execution, as well as articulating a vision and roadmap. You will participate in architecture planning, pull request reviews, and recruiting. Additionally, you’ll optimize processes for the team’s success, facilitate discourse, support engineers’ growth, and keep team efforts on target for product goals. You will ensure that your engineers are successful in their tasks and also enjoy their work!
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Transformed quality efforts at a growing organization, ideally having led a similar team
- Have strong and good opinions about testing methodologies, frameworks, and tools -- and the same for monitoring tools
- Experience creating a productive and satisfying environment for those working around you
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as Jira
- Ideally, experience with Ruby on Rails, Java, Typescript, Cypress, or similar frameworks
- Experience with some testing tools/frameworks: load testing like Artillery, test management like Testrail, and any other suggestions you think we should want!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.