Senior Manager, Quality at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.About the Team:
The Garment Science & Quality division is a new operations support team that will lead the effort to deliver consistent customer quality, extend inventory life and innovate garment care operations. Inventory is a both a major cost component and key customer experience driver for any e-commerce company, but for the RTR subscription model, this is even more relevant. As garments are rented multiple times, returning them to like new condition is a critical component to the ROI of our inventory assets. This growing team works to deliver that mission by innovating with and investing in equipment, systems and automation.About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Quality will report to the Director of Garment Science & Quality. In this role, they will be the arbiter of the inventory standard for the Rent the Runway brand. They will explore data and work with cross-functional teams to establish a clearly documented set of standards for RTR inventory, establish metrics and create a robust auditing process for all operational processes that impact this standard. The data collected will surface root causes and enable prioritized action plans to improve quality, which they will lead cross functionally.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand and maintain documentation of all processes related to inventory care and evaluation
- Analyze data and create quality metrics; Create data visualizations for team meetings;in Lead weekly and monthly business reviews on key metrics
- Create and maintain a single source RTR standard for inventory quality and defects that maximizes customer satisfaction and inventory ROI
- Build and scale a quality audit system and team that supports the created standard
- Build mechanisms to lead and influence the operation through action plans improving quality-related processes
- Manage cross functional projects to improve quality standards, which requires close coordination with the warehouse operations, data science, analytics and tech teams
- Design tests and collect data to review operational changes and measure the impact on quality
- You have experience creating and managing a quality program using statistical applications and LEAN processes
- You have experience in leading/collaborating with operations, tech and data science teams in the pursuit of building KPIs and products
- You have experience with building, owning and delivering on operating metrics
- You have strong analytical background and the ability to apply that at some level to both readily available data. Strong Excel skills are a must; Other data tool skills are a bonus.
- You have the vision to create new data structures that drive future business reporting and decisions.
- While this begins as an individual contributor role, the Quality team will expand to execute the audit processes you build. With this growth, experience in managing hourly teams is needed.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.