Senior Manager, Site Reliability (Facilities Engineering)
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Facilities is responsible for overseeing all maintenance and janitorial functions within a warehousing facility. They are responsible for all machinery including cleaning equipment (washers, dryers, and spotting stations), supporting infrastructure (boilers, generators, and air compressors), finishing equipment (autobaggers and steam tunnels), conveyance (monorail system and package sorter as applicable), HVAC and all other mechanical devices within the facility. They are responsible for engaging their team to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost and quality while maintaining a positive employee experience.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for managing and overseeing facilities and janitorial teams across all shifts in the operation, including monitoring performance, providing feedback, and developing talent
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost and quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish and meet KPIs for machine operations
- Identify root cause issues, create programs and plans to improve and drive long term, sustainable and repeatable solutions to improve all metrics in the department
- Become an expert in all RTR automation equipment
- Responsible for inventory management and storage of spare part equipment inventory and dry cleaning supplies, solvents, detergents and spotting chemicals
- Partner with Procurement for ordering and maintaining necessary supply levels for: spare parts, cleaning supplies, and necessary equipment needed for repairs
- Responsible for non-hazardous waste manifest and removal schedule
- Develop and document preventative maintenance routines, schedules and SOPs
- Ensure operations are up to industry safety and cleanliness standard
- Drive performance and process changes based on lean initiatives to drive operational efficiency and quality customer service
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies
- Ownership and accountability for team’s daily decision making and execution
- Communicate across all levels of the operation
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness and security standards
- 6 to 12 years of related experience working in manufacturing, warehouse or industrial environment including oversight of large scale warehouse systems and equipment
- 5 to 7 years experience leading and developing people and teams and warehouse systems and equipment
- Experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures/SOPs/maintenance routines
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Experience in one or more of the following trades: steamfitting, pipefitting, electrical, refrigeration, chillers and conveyance
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment including dry cleaning, laundry, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, HVAC a plus
- Black seal boiler license a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!