The Senior Manufacturing Engineer - DFM/DFA will research, develop and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, and internal cross-functional teams. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, support detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), project timelines, manufacturing NPI (New Product Introductions) and sustaining activities. They will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas and lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership and expertise in product manufacturability
- Develop and lead DFM/DFA initiatives including setting targets and standards
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Product review at part/component level for ease of manufacturing and assembly
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand tolerance, GD&T and process analysis
- Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns and risks as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design change recommendations
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection and qualification; collaborate in DFM/A activities
- Lead domestic and international suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless mass production launch
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Support process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, Cp/Cpk, Spk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- This position requires domestic and international travel; at least 30% of the time or as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- Past tool design and/or toolmaking experience for production stamping, plastic injection mold, and/or die cast tooling
- 7+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering and manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Previous DFM/DFA experience required
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, die casting, plastic injection molding, and various finishing techniques
- Experience working with Asian JDM, CMs, ODMs
- Experience in developing SOPs, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Previous CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, Red X, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards: ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of Connected Consumer Devices desired
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.