Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Sustaining)
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Sustaining), works in a cross-functional environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with responsibility for sustaining product improvement and change support to maintain Peloton’s production and quality requirements.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Sustaining) works closely with engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to drive continuous improvement into Peloton’s world-class products.
- Lead/support sustaining engineering projects including Engineering Change Request (ECR), Critical Issue Resolution (CIR), Supplier Request for Engineering Approval (SREA), by gaining cross-functional approval, ensuring JIRA, PDM & documentation management accuracy.
- Plan and conduct root cause activities using FEA/CAE analysis of product components/systems with respect to the product dynamics, durability & NVH attributes
- Provide direction and recommendations for the improvement of products components/systems based on results obtained from FEA/CAE/Optimization analysis
- Create 2D/3D models of components and assemblies, fixtures, etc., as needed.
- Maintain, correct & update CAD drawings & BOM’s for product sustaining activities.
- Lead product teardowns and re-assembly for cost reduction opportunities, root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, capability analysis, etc.
- Develop & manage internal/external project schedules.
- Prepare, present project status to Peloton leadership, and perform other duties as required.
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task.
- BS in Engineering with 5+ years of experience; Advanced degree preferred
- Expert-level functionality of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of GD&T, Excel, Minitab, SPC (CP/CPk analysis) etc.
- Knowledge FEA/CAE & NVH
- Consumer hardware product experience (preferred)
- Experience with design of mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Ability to interpret component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Ability to develop, interpret, manage, DOE, FMEA, DFMEA, PFEMA, Six Sigma projects, etc.
- Previous experience in product testing, validation, tear-down, and sustaining activities
- Develop/interpret work instructions, SOP’s, process maps, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, including CNC machining, injection molding, welding, and metal forming, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, IEC-60204, NFPA-79, Ergonomics, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Experience in a hands-on manufacturing, assembly environment
- Use of machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- This position requires domestic & international travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 25% or more as needed
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.