Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer
Latch is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer to be an integral part of Latch’s Manufacturing team with emphasis on software for electronic test stations. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation is demanded and serve as the leader for developing and implementing test stations for Latch production lines.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Lead the system architecture for final manufacturing test of new products
- Plan and take ownership of integrating PCB, firmware, and software for factory support
- Support, troubleshoot and manage existing manufacturing test stations
- Collaborate with Backend, Firmware, and Electrical teams on deployments and test requirements
- Conduct code reviews with a remote team of software engineers
- Create technical documentation and processes for more efficient workflow
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics, manufacturing, or product development
- Proficient with Python (or similar scripting language), specifically experience with python serial, multi-threading, AWS, and QT libraries
- Solid understanding of SDLC, embedded systems, and firmware life cycle
- Understand basic Windows administration and desktop application development
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in international factory environments with international teams
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%
- Organized and demonstrates initiative
- Comfortable in interdisciplinary projects
- Knowledge of bootloaders, UART, I2C SPI, Flash, ADC, current measurement
- Knowledge of electronics manufacture and test
- Fluent with EE tools: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.
- Experience with security concepts; encryption algorithms, digital signatures, key storage, secure communications, etc.
- Proficient understanding of Git and affiliated source control platforms
- Knowledge of devices running a high level OS such as Linux/Android
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice