MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
Peloton Mechanical Engineering Managers are responsible for building, guiding and growing the engineering teams that design and create our innovative fitness products. As a Mechanical Engineering Manager you will recruit and hire high performance engineers, build and maintain processes and standards for the team and encourage a culture of collaboration and innovation. The ideal candidate has a history of success in building high performance and globally distributed teams.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
● Develop staffing plans to meet our business and product goals
● Work with our People Team to recruit, interview, and hire, new employees
● Develop an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes open collaboration, innovation and learning and development
● Coach, develop and mentor engineers, build a high performance engineering team
● Lead employees through performance feedback reviews and goal setting exercises
● Work with engineers to plan training and continuing education
● Work with the engineers to develop and document critical standards and processes
● Guide teams through the product development process, with a focus on quality, execution and innovation
● Demonstrate a structured and data driven approach to problem solving
● Participate in design reviews
● Collaborate with our facilities team to build and maintain a great working environment for our engineers
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
10+ years as a hardware development engineer or related
8-15 years experience building and managing engineering teams
Strong knowledge of common engineering development processes and standards
Strong experience in coaching and developing engineers
Experience working and coordinating with global development partners
Understanding of engineering tools and software
Working knowledge of basic team budgeting practices
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.