Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team at Latch! They should be an expert in design for plastic injection molding, die casting, sheet metal forming, and other part manufacturing processes. Understanding of various prototyping technologies is a must, as well as an appreciation for what level of detail is required to drive decisions (from quick and dirty mockups to a fully-functional ‘looks/works like’ experience).
In addition to technical acumen, the candidate will bring a passion for manufacturing excellence and product quality. They will be a point person on product development programs, drawing from previous experiences bringing products from concept to market.
- Development of new product architectures in an attempt to unify multiple product lines
- Prototyping new product concepts
- Researching new technologies and developing technical excellence in areas that will become core to Latch’s hardware roadmap
- Leadership of product teams in development cycles from concept to mass production
- Consulting on reliability, quality, and compliance
- Review and roll-out of our manufacturing in partnership with contract manufacturers and our team in Asia
- BS in ME
- 5-10 years experience in consumer electronics (or similar field)
- Expert level CAD proficiency (SolidWorks or Creo preferred)
- Experience designing and weatherproofing outdoor products, including water and dust-proofing electronics (IP65/67)
- Knowledge of finishes and coatings for plastics and metals, outdoor and cosmetic
- Experience in overseas manufacturing support
- Knowledge of electronics manufacture and test
- Experience in final assembly cells/lines for consumer products or building hardware is a must
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice