Our mission is to help individuals and organizations thrive by eliminating every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Senior App Engineer to join our team. You will help to define our engineering roadmap and work as a part of a cross-functional product team to find elegant solutions to mental healthcare’s many problems. Additionally, you will guide the growth of the engineering team as a senior member.
We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry, and backed by prominent VCs including Rethink, RRE, and General Catalyst.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design and expand the capabilities of our mobile app, which is written in Flutter
- Build thoughtful UI and components by contributing to our design system/component library
- Build on the foundation of a well tested codebase to ensure it remains robust and scalable as our business rapidly grows
- Identify areas for growth and iteration on our application stack and advocate for them on the engineering roadmap
- Help us make decisions like “grow the monolith” or “break things up into microservices” (or some other great idea!)
- 5+ years of professional app development experience
- Bonus points for experience with Flutter
- Bonus points for experience with React & Redux
- Comfortable working on an agile team and curious about learning new things
- Enjoy using test driven development and pair programming
- Enjoy coaching & growing engineers
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity - we are a small startup and are working on balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
Why You’ll Like Working at Spring Health
- Competitive compensation plan including equity in the company: we want you to own a piece of what you’re building.
- Comprehensive benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to Spring Health!
- Flexible vacation plan: our open vacation-policy allows you to take the time off you need when you need it.
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description