Senior Mobile Engineer, iOS at Animoto
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:14 a.m. (EST) on Friday, October 9, 2020
We are considering candidates who are based anywhere within the USA with a preference for NYC Tri-State area.
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join a full stack product team. You will be working closely with the product, design and full-stack engineers to ensure that a users experience is cohesive and complete across all of our platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our product and design team to develop and maintain features within our iOS application
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical mentorship
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Animoto platform
- Work with our video engine codebase, developed on top of the Apple Metal API
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience developing and shipping Swift iOS apps
- Experience with React paradigm frameworks (RxSwift, Reactive Swift or Combine), Realm preferred
- Strong Computer Science background
- A test-driven process that motivates writing robust tests to ensure the quality of the codebase
- Attention to detail and a keen interest in delivering the best user experience in your products
- A proven ability to effectively work in a cross-collaborative environment to ship features in a high-paced setting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for tackling and solving challenging problems
Why join Animoto:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- 100% covered health insurance, equity, 401k, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
- Upgraded subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, weekly catered lunch, fully stocked kitchen
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description