Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native) at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Design Technology
Design Technology is a team of designers, engineers, and researchers who blend beauty with tech to create world-class experiences for Gemini. We are inspired by creativity, fueled by data, and obsessed with simplicity.
The Role: Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Our mobile engineers are experts at turning vision into reality to further Gemini’s mission through the Gemini mobile app. We are looking for a talented software engineer who has a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design into code, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and product managers to build amazing apps.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, Chicago,, LA, The Bay Area, or Portland Oregon, and will report to the Manager of Mobile Engineering.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android
- Build efficient and reusable UI components and architect reliable, performant, and maintainable solutions
- Lead teams that continuously build, ship, learn, and iterate.
- Drive technical innovation, processes, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications
- Mentor and develop a high-performing team of engineers
- You have at least 4 years of experience building mobile applications
- You have used React Native to build cross-platform mobile applications
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design sensibility
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Experience working with Fastlane and/or build automation tooling
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.