Senior Mobile Engineer
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, exposure to various mobile development technologies, and have the desire to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, we want to talk with you.
What You Will Do:
- You’ll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver ultimate biometrics experience to our customers.
- You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems.
- You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies.
Who You Are:
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- For Android: Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
- Familiarity and experience using a variety of architectural design patterns, including but not limited to MVC, MVP, and MVVM
- A strong understanding of Agile and Lean software development processes and practices
- 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing multi-threaded mobile applications
- Experience in mobile app development in Android, iOS or both
- Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
- Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
- Experience with Functional Reactive Programming (Reactive Swift or RxJava)
- Experience with or interest in React Native or Flutter
- Preferably has personal projects or contributions to the open source community
- Experience managing direct reports