Senior MySQL DBA at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About the Job:
As a Lead MySQL DBA you will spearhead and lead our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure as we continue our path to a multi-could tenancy. You will be responsible for building database foundations and developing tooling, policies, and processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, and performance. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of all things database management.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers/ Architects
- Implement new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment
- Run and spearhead with other infrastructure / application engineers, dbas, vendors and own critical database projects end to end
- Produce stellar technical specs and documentation while you design, implement, backup and recovery, monitor, and performance tune our environment
- 24x7 support and troubleshooting production related database issues while managing databases in virtual and cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure or VMWare)
- Lead the roadmap and management of non-relational database servers such as AWS DynamoDB, Redshift, Redis, Couch, MongoDB or other No-SQL platforms
- You have 5+ years of experience in MySQL database management and scripting in a professional, hybrid cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, Azure or VMWare
- You have recent experience implementing multilayer, high-availability replication topologies
- You have exposure to NoSQL platforms and conceptual understanding a plus
- You understand virtualization and creating performant virtualized environments
- You’re able to manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience with Automating routine tasks, and procedures
- You have experience with Database sharing and partitioning
- You’ve designed and implemented high-availability database features, utilizing various replication and disaster recovery methodologies.
- You’ve implemented database schema changes in a production environment requiring minimal downtime and minimal performance impact
- You’ve defined and implemented database management tools across an entire database platform to ensure database performance and stability is being maximized across the entire organization
- You’ve managed the full life-cycle of database schema design and implementation, including script management from development through production releases
- You’ve established and implemented database security and backup retention policies
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.