Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission:
The Network Engineering team supports Zocdoc’s corporate offices and production cloud environments. A Network Engineer in this role would design, administer, optimize and automate our network infrastructure environments. Other duties will include support escalation, travel for work, and participation in our 24/7 on-call rotation and escalation procedures.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are...
- Optimization-focused and enjoy automating all the things
- Eager to develop and optimize networking infrastructures
- Passionate about designing networks with security and redundancy in mind
- Interested in working with traditional and Cloud networking environments
Your day to day is…
- Collaborating with network engineering to automate the deployment of cloud-based network infrastructure
- Creating and managing global office infrastructure, production cloud infrastructure and network related services
- Designing and implementing processes, tools and documentation to support the network
- Performing regular audit and perform code upgrade on firewalls, switches and other networking devices
- Leveraging existing and emerging technologies to develop solutions to improve the performance of multiple network infrastructures
- Participating in project planning for design of new services, migrations and maintenances
- Interfacing with other engineering teams to design and ensure availability of a secure environment
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, CS, or IT related field preferred
- Prior experience with configuration management system such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt is required
- Excellent scripting(Python, Go etc) skills
- AWS or Microsoft Azure is required
- High level understanding of HTTP, DNS, DHCP, PXE, and other commonly used protocols
- 3+ years of networking experience with a focus in routing, switching, and security in a 24/7 high availability environment
- Hands-on network experience and understanding of: Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, TCP/IP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPN(IPSec, SSL), network security, data circuits, and application specific protocols.
- Hands-on experience with configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of network devices such as Cisco, Palo Alto Firewall or equivalent
- CCNA or equivalent certification
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care option
- Catered Lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.