The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer's Dog is looking for someone experienced in driving adoption of modern software delivery and operations (DevOps, SRE, etc..) to join our growing Platform Engineering team. The Platform Engineering team helps bridge the gap between IT Operations and Software Engineering for our service teams (pawds). As a Platform Engineer, you will help build and maintain our software infrastructure, tools, and services that engineers and other technical users collectively leverage in a self-service fashion as a platform. You will make a strong fit if you enjoy frequently collaborating with Software Engineers. Platform Engineers often draw on shared experience with Software Engineers to understand their point of view, coach operational practices, and share expertise.
We view Platform Engineering as successful when Software Engineers are able to deliver their software to end-users quickly, safely, and feel a high degree of ownership throughout the process.
- Every commit (that passes checks) results in a prod deploy.
- People continuously create safety.
- Deploy != Release.
- Inevitably, everyone tests something in prod.
- Incidents are unique opportunities to learn.
- Empower the people who contribute code to a service to own all aspects of it.
- Contribute code to various infrastructure, tools, and services.
- Review code for other members of the engineering team.
- Respond to platform bugs and incidents.
- Support software engineers in using the platform.
- Support software engineers serving on-call for their respective services.
- Participate in the platform engineering on-call rotation for platform services.
- Bring a systems view and highlight interactions when it's needed.
- Advocate operational and delivery practices that benefit the team.
- You have 6+ years of professional experience working in any software engineering related role, and 3+ years of recent experience working as a Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or similar role.
- You are experienced driving adoption of DevOps and/or SRE principles and practices.
- You have a strong background in AWS, Terraform, and Docker.
- You have worked with relational databases, and can learn postgres, if needed.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota