Senior Platform Engineer at Outcome Health
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have
connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
The Software Engineering Lead has expertise in the implementation and design of software platforms, including infrastructure, methodology, process, and tool stack. You thrive in environments where you are focused writing performant code that supports enterprise-grade architecture. You enjoy the experience of writing software for scale and take ownership of the products that you contribute to. You understand the importance of understanding the context in which your software operates and can rationalize implementation details with the bigger picture. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. You want to build things that matter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 80% of time spent in hands on development.
- Designs, implements and maintains software for an entire domain.
- Delivers feature improvements including performance and scalability improvements.
- Ensure that their projects and their teams meet ‘Definition of Done’ quality standards.
- Increase the level of teams’ technical ability and drives measurable improvement of quality of code.
- Improve accuracy of development schedules and lowers project risk.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 3 years of experience in a Senior Engineer role developing Enterprise-level applications
- Experience with developing application services using Java
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Spring Framework/Spring Boot
- Experience with creating APIs as products
- Experience with RESTful protocols
- Experience with working on cloud and on-premises data centers
- Experience with creating or utilizing Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with event-driven architectures
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- As a domain expert is able to technically vet candidates around the nuances of technology.
- Finds creative ways to execute even when there’s not a pre-determined path or map to follow.
- Skilled at project estimating – identifying milestones, work effort required, potential barriers to success
- Combines expert understanding of multiple domains with their technical skills in order to improve the effectiveness of multiple domains in question.
- Demonstrates ability to understand how their design decisions affect the scalability performance and overall cost of the application they own.
Outcome Health provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.