Senior Platform Engineering Manager at Policygenius
About the role...
As the Senior Platform Engineering Manager, your mission will be to lead our teams of site reliability engineers and test automation engineers who ensure the reliability and adaptability of Policygenius’ network of mission-critical systems and applications. We’ll be depending on your insight and expertise to advise and evolve the design, architecture, and scaling of our infrastructure. You’ll play a critical role in empowering the engineering team to confidently ship software efficiently and reliably. At Policygenius, you will work alongside passionate engineers who continuously strive to improve our world, our teams and themselves.
In this role, you will…
- Take on the development and advancement of the vision for the engineering platform
- Hire and coach site reliability engineers and test automation engineers to help them realize their potential
- Create a highly technical and supportive environment for the team you lead
- Design, develop, and maintain Policygenius’ core infrastructure and systems
- Provide an exceptional experience for the users using your infrastructure
- Empower engineers to reach new levels of productivity, reliability, and scalability
- Promote a culture of architectural ownership, adaptability, and resilience
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 8+ years of relevant experience
- You have 3+ years of management experience
- You have 3+ years of experience with a public cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- You have a mind for systems: their life cycles and failure modes
- You have a solid command of Linux systems and the networking stack
- You have experience building and evolving a DevOps culture
- You have experience or strong interest in Kubernetes and its related ecosystem of tooling
- You have a desire to automate everything you can and experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Terraform)
- You have familiarity with and enthusiasm for best practices such as automated testing, security, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- You have experience building, scaling, and maintaining distributed & highly available systems
- You have proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Go)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Technologies You Will Use
Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud, BigQuery, gRPC, Google Functions, Buildkite, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Go, Python, PostgreSQL, Microservices, GraphQL, Git
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but we’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, and better ways of getting things done.
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!