What success looks like
- Join the Platform Engineering team as an experienced backend engineer to build and improve our systems, with a strong emphasis on scalable and reliable APIs.
- Help the team define and maintain engineering process that let us develop quickly while keeping a high threshold for quality — including writing tests and technical documentation.
- Routinely ship high quality software that helps simplify healthcare for our patients and clinicians.
- Engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including (but not limited to) sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, and deploying software.
- Build an understanding of our business, and our unique approach to health care so that your technical decisions impact the course of the company.
- Help establish Eden Health as a professional, high quality engineering organization through contributions to open source, blogs, conference talks, etc.
- Multiply the outcomes of your teammates through mentorship, review, and solving entire classes of technical problems.
What you will bring
- You have depth with more than one back-end language or framework, and you have experience shipping into production. We build our backends with Clojure and Python.
- You have experience with relational databases. We use Postgres and Redshift.
- You set a high bar for technical excellence, and you want to help your peers achieve it.
- You are able to anticipate technical and operational risks, and can help mitigate them.
- You have several approaches to debugging, maintaining, and improving distributed backend systems.
- You will advocate for advancing quality, durability, and managing technical debt.
- You will place compliance, security and ethics at the forefront of our systems, ensuring that our patients and customers can trust Eden Health.
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
About our Tech
- React 16.13, + Typescript 4.0
- React Native 0.63 + Typescript 4.0
- Python 3.7
- Clojure 1.10
- Postgres 12