Senior Programmer Analyst
Global advertising is undergoing a rapid and monumental transition to the modern age. Hundreds of billions of dollars are moving away from handshakes and backroom deals and onto open, transparent exchanges. As a leader in this transition, The Trade Desk is bringing a level of sophistication to advertising that has only been seen in financial markets.
We have built a best-in-class platform-as-a-service that processes over 8 million queries per second – that’s over 100X more volume than all web search queries and tweets combined. This also represents a 8-fold increase over four years, and our team has grown in a similar fashion, with 10X growth in headcount over the same period. By any measure, we are one of the fastest growing public companies in the world. Growth of this kind requires our internal business systems to scale to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding business.
We are looking for full-stack programmer analysts with grit – individuals with a passion for building and owning the business systems that underpin a multibillion dollar public company. The advertising industry is evolving rapidly, every day creating new business problems that need creative solutions. We run our team very fast and very lean, which means every member has a high degree of ownership and potential impact – and we are looking for candidates with the chops to solve these problems.
Recently named one of the top 20 Best Places to Work in the US by Glassdoor (based on employee reviews) and one of the top 15 Best Workplaces in the nation by Fortune Magazine, The Trade Desk offers a culture of "relaxed intensity" – one that comes from working alongside one of the most talented teams in our industry, and leading in a race that is ours to lose.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As member of The Trade Desk’s Business Engineering Team, you will report to the local Engineering lead, and work extensively with team members across all functional areas to own the integration of various business systems and delivery of solutions for internal clients. This will involve:
- Design, development, integrate, and maintain the internal business systems and platform functionality that interoperates with those systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of company’s various operational systems and processes: Operations, Finance, HR, Marketing, etc.
- Optimize and consolidate reporting for business teams.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve efficiency and scaling our business systems and processes.
- Participate in building the enterprise data warehouse and ETL stack to support reporting and BI.
- Evaluate and onboard new business systems
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal business systems.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 8+ years of experience in full stack corporate systems development and management, using a modern object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do a lot of development in C#/.NET, but specific experience here is not required.
- A track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging business application development projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" – some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
- A solid understanding of database fundamentals and SQL, including database design, ETL development, and SQL writing and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development using MVC and/or modern JS frameworks, such as React.
- An understanding of finance and accounting principles and their practical applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to document complex technical problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
- Experience implementing, integrating and maintaining the following SaaS corporate systems or equivalents preferred:
- ERP: Intacct or NetSuite
- HRIS: Workday
- CRM: SFDC
- Experience developing with iPaaS solutions, such as Dell Boomi or Informatica preferred
- Enterprise report delivery skills using tools like SSRS, Tableau and PowerBI preferred
We also hope you'll take some time to learn more about The Trade Desk and what it's like to work here. Here are a few links to help get you started:
- Learn more about our mission to transform the global advertising industry
- See what it's like to be an engineer on one of the world's most highly scaled Internet applications
- Experience a taste of our global culture
- Get to know a few members of our team
- Read the Glassdoor reviews that got us named one of the top 20 best places to work in North America
NOTE: Do your best to apply to the one role and location you believe best fits your skills, needs, and interests. There's no need to apply to more than one – if you're qualified, we'll find the right role and location for you.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.