Senior QA Automation Engineer
Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking to expand our team and bring on a Senior QA Automation Engineer! We're a tight-knit team of smart people who work in a fast-paced environment with minimal overhead.
The Senior QA Engineer will develop automated end-to-end tests to facilitate the efficient delivery of high-quality software and prevent regression. The role involves working closely with the rest of our engineering and product team to prioritize testing in an environment where features and fixes are released continuously.
The ideal candidate for this role has deep experience with manual and automated QA testing frameworks and operations. As our team is small but growing, we are looking for someone who can both contribute hands-on and also help to define and implement structure, process, and best practices as we scale.
- Own quality level for all assigned features in development
- Develop new and maintain existing automated feature tests
- Write individual automated test scenarios based on requirements
- Create comprehensive test plans to cover new feature launches
- Work alongside the product team to analyze design specs to detect potential issues in early stages of development
- Report defects and testing statusInnovate and drive test automation best practices
- Implement and optimize testing frameworks, suites, and environments
- Provide technical mentorship to other QA team members
- 5+ years of overall QA experience, primarily in an automation role
- Up to date with modern test automation frameworks, services, and best practices and has implemented them in the past
- Strong familiarity with Cucumber and BDD
- Experience with Selenium or other browser automation frameworks
- Experience working on teams where manual testing informs the design of automation plans
- High level of proficiency testing web applications, preferably in tech stacks using one or more of Ruby on Rails, Angular and React
- Comfortable working within a fast paced, Agile environment using continuous integration
- Experience maintaining quality with a rapidly scaling engineering team via implementing QA processes and best practices
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off
- Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
- 401(k) with match after 3 months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Monthly company activities and outings
- Beautiful office in Flatiron, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Gym + wellness matching stipend
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description