Senior QA Engineer at Bluecore
In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail e-commerce customers!
- Work with QA, Engineering Leaders, Developers, and Product teams to establish and improve QA processes and parameters for the team and the company.
- Understand how main features are implemented in our platform's code base and apply that knowledge to create tests procedures and troubleshoot quality issues.
- Anticipate customer usage and troubleshoot problems, thus preventing them from being released to customers.
- Communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Provide and review detailed QA reports and analysis.
- Help teams focus discussions on risks, issues and challenges during requirement definition and product development.
- Create and promote methods for effective knowledge sharing.
- Regularly identify and lead implementation of improvements that increase effectiveness of their team.
- Consistently find and propose otherwise unanticipated practical opportunities for product, design, or engineering improvements.
- Educate less experienced members of the QA team in QA process and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience testing modern web-based applications
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Track record of delivering high quality software
- Excellent communication skills, used to collaborate both within engineering and across all functions of the company to drive quality and reliability initiatives
- Fluency with querying relational databases (e.g. SQL)
- Proficiency in Python, or any other modern programming language is a plus
- Passion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Knack for getting things done, whether it be independently or on a team
- Highly reliable, and deeply accountable
- Experience testing similar industry solutions preferred: especially data-driven/complex/customizable enterprise SaaS products within the marketing/advertising/e-commerce or other emerging technology (Artificial Intelligence, etc.) spaces
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using AI/ML, activates welcomed personal experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.