As a QA Engineer at Prescriptive Data you’ll be responsible to quantify the quality of the features developed in the engineering department. Your day to day involves designing and implementing tests and quality metrics, establishing QA processes for all stages of the Software Development life cycle and to become the quality expert within the engineering department.
- Establish Quality Metrics/KPIs
- Play a major role in improving quality, functionality, reliability, and usability of software products and 3rd party software integrations
- Interact with product development team(s) to evaluate system interfaces, operational and performance requirements of the overall system
- Execute tests & analyze test results to assure quality of existing and new functionalities
- Creating and expanding automated regression tests
- Participate in continuous improvement of testing process and procedures by analyzing reported bugs and then assessing test coverage and project execution around these areas as well as by analyzing the current processes and practices
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years work experience in software quality assurance
- Experience in reviewing functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding and delivery of testing project deliverables.
- The ability to understand and identify test data needed for testing and writing quality positive and negative test cases.
- Experience in hands-on functional testing, systems integration testing, regression testing.
- Expertise with JSON based web services and Backend database testing.
- Ability to identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain Test Plans, functional test cases and other test artifacts including test data and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Ability to execute test cases in a timely manner, analyze test results, identify defects and experience in defect lifecycle.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Excels independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in computer programming/science or equivalent work experience.
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day.
- 401K Plan.
Read Full Job Description