Senior QA Engineer at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our QA Manager, the Senior QA Engineer will be charged with performing automated and manual testing on new and existing features and products. They will participate in building and improving testing processes while providing mentorship and assistance to the global QA team. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Sr. Engineer QA Engineer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of product features
- Execute testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, design process for new products and product features
- Review other test engineers’ code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style
- Participate proactively in the continuous improvement and development of QA processes
Who You Are:
- A passion for quality with an "engineering mindset"
- Able not only to openly give feedback, but also to listen and accept it
- Knows how to translate business requirements into engineering specifications
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience working with automation tools / frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Appium, TestRail, Cypress, Mocha / Chai, etc.)
- A demonstrated history of strong proficiency with programming in languages such as Java, Golang, Python, Node, etc.)
- Strong experience designing automation frameworks, creating and running automation test scripts, and integrating automation scripts in CI & CD (DevOps) pipeline.
- Strong experience in both front-end and back-end testing
- Performance and/or Security testing experience is a plus
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, weekly happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.