Senior QA Lead at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Senior QA Lead on Zocdoc’s Quality Assurance team, you will play a key role in the ongoing development of our patient-facing product. You will work closely with engineering and product leaders, and the rest of the QA team, to develop and maintain team processes, set high standards for test design and execution, and lead the QA efforts of multiple QA Engineers embedded in our patient Product Engineering teams.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Are passionate about product quality with a strong attention to detail
- Are self-driven and and excited to oversee the quality efforts of a large product domain
- Have a passion for the unique challenges of a high-growth environment, including rapid iteration and dynamic responsibilities
- Are highly organized and technical and can quickly learn and navigate the roadmaps, KPIs, and long term vision of multiple Product Engineering teams
Your day to day is…
- Collaborating with our agile teams of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Reviewing business requirements and technical specifications, providing timely and meaningful feedback
- Working with QA Engineers to ensure they are creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Staying current on the product roadmaps and sprint progress of multiple Product Engineering teams
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Collecting feedback on QA Engineers from Engineering and Product Managers and turning that feedback into action
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- At least 5 years of experience in software QA for consumer-facing web and/or enterprise SaaS applications
- Proven ability to mentor and grow QA Engineers
- Experience coordinating across multiple Product Engineering teams.
- Experience working within an agile environment and managing stories using a product like Jira
- A drive to push for information to solve problems and mitigate risks early in the process to avoid feature delays
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions
- Experience with data analysis and/or writing any flavor of SQL query is a plus
- Experience with a test management or application lifecycle management tool is a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.