Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Lively
An estimated 48 million Americans suffer from hearing loss and only 10-15% have treated it – enter Lively. We’re on a mission to empower people to hear better through more affordable, accessible and delightful hearing care.
Lively is a series A company, perfect for anyone eager to make an early impact in something big. We are a unique blend of experts and leaders from Facebook, Amazon, 1stdibs, Lyft, and have assembled a world-class advisory board and audiology team.
Here at Lively, we are a passionate team of highly-driven entrepreneurs, designers, clinicians and technologists creating a best-in-class experience to help solve one of America’s greatest healthcare issues – untreated hearing loss. If you’ve been looking for a high growth company that is also mission-driven, this is it.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to plan, develop, and execute Lively's software testing processes to catch as many bugs as possible before releasing new app features to our customers.
- Collaborate with Lively’s CTO, Engineers, Head of Product, and Head of Design to understand both functional and non-functional requirements
- Plan, lead, and execute manual tests for Lively’s iOS and Android mobile apps including the integration and communication between the apps and Lively hearing aids
- Responsible for software quality and testing documentation for internal and external use, including the FDA
- Lead and plan Lively’s quality assurance strategies across web and mobile
- Manage communication of progress and status to stakeholders
- Log bugs, and track progress and results
- Communicate directly with stakeholders in addition to email/ticketing chain, to ensure timely resolution of identified issues
- Triage bugs and other improvements
- Be the last line of defense to ensure high quality output, and responsible for the last sign off before production release
- 7+ years working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience with testing medical software and/or hardware
- Experience testing iOS and Android apps
- Experience with documenting software testing processes and software lifecycle activities
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Good understanding of how mobile apps and web browsers work including dev tools, test flight, apps permission etc.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience with software validation process for FDA compliance
- Experience testing a software that integrates with hardware
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth and test methodologies
- Experience with connectivity features including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)