Senior Quality Assurance Specialist at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We are looking for someone who is a fanatic about customer service and learning.
The Senior Quality Assurance Specialist ensures a best-in-class Quality Assurance program for the Customer Support & Success team, managing the QA platform, and performing quality reviews. You should have a knack for turning QA data into a learning asset that engages the learner and improves their skills and knowledge. You are analytically minded and data-driven and thrive on managing key performance indicators. You relentlessly pursue continuous improvement through leading-edge processes, tools, and learning.What You'll Be Doing:
- Understand the internal support and success quality standards
- Review a subset of support agents’ conversations (calls, emails, chat, etc.)
- Discuss and explain feedback with agents in regular meetings
- Analyze and report customer service metrics (e.g. CSAT, QA, NPS) and how the support team’s performance affects those KPIs
- Evaluate the evaluators on their QA evaluations to ensure consistency in scoring
- Designing evaluation programs to better understand agent behavior
- Map QA outputs into training and onboarding programs and initiate these projects
- Manage the QA tooling for DigitalOcean to ensure smooth operations for the team
- Onboarding new hires into the QA tool by partnering with the Learning & Development team
- Maintain a relationship with the QA vendor to monitor progress on request to vendor
- Monitor customer service performance on the agent and team level
- Contribute to the team culture in a positive manner
- Ability to get things done in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience in the customer service space
- Hands-on experience in quality assurance
- Experience in designing QA evaluation programs for customer facing teams
- Great people skills and ability to communicate (positive and negative) feedback
- Good organizational skills and knowledge in goal-setting practices
- Examples of data visualization abilities and understanding of support metrics
- Problem-solving capabilities to create meaningful strategies to improve support quality
- Deliver training and education to the organization in Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Promote more effective use of existing tools and processes and optimize inefficient processes
- In conjunction with the departments, conduct targeted process improvement initiatives to determine how these processes can be completed in an effective, efficient and cost saving manner.
- Design and deploy scalable support processes to drive consistency and quality across the organization.
- Determine business needs and scalable solutions to solve process issues through process mapping, observation and analysis.
- Design, develop and execute processes or projects and work with process owners or project team members throughout all phases of planning, implementation and control.
- Autonomously lead small to medium scale process improvement initiatives.
- Responsibility for clarifying scope and ensuring process improvement effort maintains direction and fulfills expectations.
- Serve as a catalyst for change management as well as teach, mentor, and coach others.
- Work with division leaders or managers to drive change within their respective divisions by helping to build consensus on process improvement initiatives.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto and Bangalore, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!