Senior Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for setting high quality standards for QE processes at Honest Buildings, and ensuring that these standards are met. You will be our first QE and will partner closely with our Director of Engineering to set the direction for the team, plan for team growth and QE integration throughout the engineering organization. You will be the voice of the end user, and will work diligently across teams to resolve product issues and ensure high quality output.
Engineering at Honest Buildings
We believe that close collaboration between engineers, designers, and product managers is an absolute necessity - this enables us to iterate quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality for the product. We encourage all engineers to bring new and innovative solutions to help raise the bar for the team. Many of us are passionate about a particular layer of the stack, but we value willingness to navigate and deeply understand the entire application.
- Influence the adoption of production code standards.
- Write and run test plans, integration tests, and test automation across several services and systems in a cross-functional, agile environment.
- Conduct exploratory testing.
- Review test plan contributions and report to the team with results.
- Create and maintain automated test suite.
- Update existing tests based on feature changes.
- Investigate and mitigate incoming bug reports.
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies.
- Evaluate and manage the required documentation and deliverables for each product being tested.
- Be an evangelist for testing culture at Honest Buildings.
- 2+ years experience JUnit, Selenium, Capybara, or other unit/browser testing framework.
- 2+ years experience writing code with Python, Node, Ruby, or Java in a professional setting.
- 4+ years experience as part of a tech org.
- Familiarity with SQL and one or more RDBMS, preferably MySQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Desire to influence a new growing team.
Nice to have
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Successful completion of a software development bootcamp program.
- Startup experience.
- SaaS experience.
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and numerous other perks
WHY CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 100+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia.
- We've raised more than $47m from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.