Senior Security Engineer - Digital Forensics & Incident Response at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Security Engineer of Digital Forensics and Incident Response to join a dedicated team responsible for monitoring and responding to attacks on our platform. In this role you'll partner with teams across the organization to build processes that secure a platform that powers millions of websites.
This role will report to the Detection and Response Manager.
- You will conduct digital forensics and incident response at the Senior Security Engineer level
- Design, develop, and deploy Intrusion Detection System and other perimeter security defenses.
- You will respond to ongoing incidents, investigate historical compromises, and provide adept analysis and findings
- Establish strategies for threat detection, alerting, and response;
- You will initiate reactive and proactive threat hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, application, and log analysis
- Establish processes and build ‘playbooks’ of operational response to incidents
- Familiarity with Threat Intelligence, ability to speak a second language such as Russian to keep up-to-date of modern threats and InfoSec news is a plus.
- Architect, implement and support security-focused tools and services
- Provide Mentorship and technical expertise to junior team members to assist their technical development.
- Masters Degree in either Computer Science or Information Security
- 5+ years experience in the security industry including both Defensive and Offensive experience.
- Certifications which include but are not necessarily limited to: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP
- Experience with Cloud & Container Security, as well as infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of Malware Analysis, Reverse Engineering, as well as Host-based and Memory Forensics.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/HTTPS) and how to keep them secure.
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, and IT)
- Experience with Red & Purple Team Exercises, Adversary Resilience, and Cyber Deception
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku) and Networking and Web Application security
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.