Squarespace is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join a dedicated team responsible for monitoring and responding to attacks, while partnering with teams across the organization to build processes that secure a platform powering millions of websites.
- Respond to ongoing incidents, investigate historical compromises, and provide adept analysis and findings
- Establish strategies for threat detection, alerting, and response; implement strategies in cooperation with engineering teams
- Initiate reactive and proactive threat hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, application, and log analysis
- Work with product leaders to detect and respond to attacks
- Establish processes and build ‘playbooks’ of operational response to incidents
- Architect, design, implement, support and evaluate security-focused tools and services
- 5+ years experience managing security incidents or experience working in a Detection & Response team or equivalent function
- Communication and leadership capacity; ability to work with diverse company partners
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/HTTPS) and how to keep them secure.
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, and IT)
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Strong Linux fundamentals and data analysis with security tool sets.
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku)
- Experience coordinating with GRC/Internal Audit team in the facilitation of external audits (SOX, PCI DSS) a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.