Senior Security Engineer — Site Reliability at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Site Reliability Engineer — Security
Security has always been the foundation of Gemini and protecting our customers is at the core of our mission to empower the individual through crypto; trust is our product.The Security Engineering team at Gemini develops and manages security tools and platforms, assists users to design and assess the security internal systems, builds automation to simplify manual or complex processes, and researches business related topics including smart contracts and applied cryptography. In addition, this role will also work closely with our Security Operations, Product Security, and SRE teams.
- Design, deploy, and maintain security solutions supporting security and engineering
- Develop tools and automation that integrate security into systems and process, enabling our employees to do their jobs better and more securely
- Leverage platforms and API’s to automatically gather and correlate complex data sets
- Improve the monitoring and alerting capabilities, portability, and efficiency of deployed architectures, by creating and maintaining effective and repeatable Infrastructure as Code
- Design, document, and maintain secure system architectures for new and existing capabilities
- Proficiency in a common scripting language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; attentive to details
- Strong understanding of web application security and networking fundamentals
- Experience hardening Linux based operating systems and familiarity with Linux internals
- Able to troubleshoot and debug issues, and demonstrate a methodical approach to root cause analysis
- Ability to read and write code written in Python, Scala, Java, C/C++ & Golang
- Experience working with cryptographic hardware (PKCS#11, FIPS 201-1 PIV, smartcards, etc)
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.