Senior Security Engineer at SIMON
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
SIMON is looking for a Security Engineer with 3 to 7 years of experience. In this role, the candidate will establish and manage the Security Monitoring Architecture and enforce Secure SDLC across SIMON technology teams. The ideal candidate would be an independent individual contributor who can do research, design and implement security technologies, and has an ability to empathize and connect to other teams as a business enabler.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Manage secure SDLC processes across SIMON Application Development team
- Build automation capabilities for code reviews, security regression testing, dynamic testing
- Perform threat modeling and code reviews
- Infrastructure security automation
- Establish vulnerability management/patching infrastructure
- Monitor/alert infrastructure for AWS infrastructure maintenance
- Proactive infrastructure testing, using Inspec and other testing tools
- Information security processes
- Develop policies, procedures, and standards
- Track implementation to establish SOC2 compliance
- Incident Management, conduct security training and facilitate client assessments
What We’re Looking For
- Application security
- Penetration testing
- Secure code reviews
- Threat modeling
- Web application firewalls
- Security automation experience
- Including, but not limited to: DevSecOps (infrastructure security), security testing automation, and AWS security implementation (Cloudtrail, Macie, Guard Duty, etc.)
- Develop and implement security technologies for identity and access management, cryptography, key management, etc.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.