As a Senior Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing security operations of a platform that 1,400+ companies use to manage their employees and payroll. You will be a technical leader and contribute to the overall security strategy across the organization. This is a versatile role that blends security engineering and analyst duties.. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and diligent problem-solver with an arsenal of skills to protect Namely’s critical data, from endpoint to cloud, and has a strong track record of delivering high-quality results. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, shape Namely’s engineering culture, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Prevent, detect, and response to security threats.
- Design, deploy, and operate security tools.
- Continuously monitor the environment for anomalies and indicators of compromise.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Triage security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Identify and remedated risks in partnership with other teams and departments.
- Help define technical direction of the security program.
- Write effective documentation such as knowledge-base articles and runbooks.
- Guide team through technical issues and challenges. Serve as a tech lead and mentor.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other teams and cross functional partners; technical and non-technical.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player with strong technical communication skills.
- Desire to keep up with emerging threats and effective countermeasures.
- Deep experience with monitoring tools and interpreting their output.
- Seasoned incident handler able to analyze attacks and lead response efforts.
- Understanding of risk management and common web attacks.
- Expert in security tool administration.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing cloud security solutions, ideally in AWS.
- Understanding of agile software development.
- Technical leadership; capable of providing mentorship, cross-functional project execution, setting and executing on technical vision and strategy.
- Coding ability in at least programming or scripting language, preferably Python or Bash.
Nice to haves
- 6+ years of experience in a technical security role
- Technical security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, or GIAC.
- Previous experience at a startup or tech company.
- Working knowledge of NIST (CSF, 800-53), CSA, and AICPA SOC 2.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, CrowdStrike, and Splunk Cloud
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Terraform.
This position has a salary range of $150,000 - 190,000 per annum. Namely offers employees medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life and AD&D, free telehealthcare, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, and many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers
- Growing up with AWS
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.