Senior Security Engineer
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
At Grubhub, we take information security seriously. The Security Engineering team helps to protect our and customer assets from a wide variety of threats.
As part of the team, you will work on solving challenges around how to best protect our environments and hosts through tooling or other means. You will not only work closely with other security engineers and information security colleagues but also coordinate with a variety of engineers and product team members across the organization to help us achieve our information security goals.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work with team on strategy for the management of tools and services to improve Grubhub’s security posture and help mitigate risks. This may include, but is not limited to, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of the tools.
- Tune tools, configurations and rulesets to help provide maximum security value.
- Articulate issues, risks, and propose solutions for various host and network security problems to other technology stakeholders.
- Write scripts, automate processes, and create baseline images for technology teams to use in order to streamline and build line security on existing or new processes.
- Comprehend large, complex systems through documentation, diagrams, and direct communication.
- Help solve how to best apply security engineering techniques to the cloud and work in sync with agile processes
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Understand vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and remediation techniques and doing so in alignment with Grubhub’s policies.
- Evangelize security within the organization.
You Should Have
- 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud security
- 5+ years experience with deploying and maintaining common security engineering tools (Vulnerability Scanner, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc.)
- 5+ years experience working with multiple operating systems like Linux, Windows, OSX etc. as well as system hardening
- 5+ years experience in host and network security. Knowledge of network protocols required. A deep understanding of network security a plus!
- Ability to write code in scripting languages to use for automation.
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- IAM, Application Security, Configuration Management, or Security Operations knowledge a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.