Senior Security Engineer at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Improve, monitor and maintain our information security.
- Execute security initiatives related to infrastructure, product, and data.
- Make strategic recommendations and improvements to our security.
- Work with application developers to improve the security of various product features.
- Proactively prep and train developers and raise the security awareness of everyone in the organization.
- Quickly and proactively respond to incoming security threats.
- Continually assess, address and report on the levels of threat and preparedness.
Why we're excited about you:
- 7+ years of experience building, supporting and securing cloud-based web infrastructure with AWS.
- Knowledge of best security practices for building web applications.
- Experience with security monitoring tools.
- Experience in compliance with industry standards such as PCI, OWASP, NIST, GDPR etc.
- Experience with Single Sign-on (SSO) for internal systems.
- Understanding of and ability to deal with and prevent typical security threats and risks.
- Deep understanding of web application infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of software engineering.
- Strong communication skills – you’re a natural collaborator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels.
- Tech stack knowledge: Docker (Kubernetes experience is a plus), Linux, DataDog, AWS security products, MySQL.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in shaping the direction of a comprehensive security approach long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, and we trust you to do what you need to do.